Last night we all were taking turns wiggling Meili's tooth. It's very close to falling out. It's actually so loose that it practically lays down. I told Meili that I can see part of the root of her tooth. A little later she comes to me and asks "Mom, how is my weed?". I was really confused. Weed? what was she talking about? She goes on to explain "you know, that thing that is showing on my tooth". I finally understood. When I said I could see the root she made the connection to weeds. Weeds have root!!!- lol
So this will be the first tooth that she'll leave for the tooth fairy. She is so excited for the "tooth fairy" to come to her bedroom- WAY EXCITED! We are going to make a little box for the tooth. I am just wondering do I leave money or do I leave a small gift??? I would love some suggestions. To tell you the truth...I AM WAY EXCITED TOO!!! It's fun to share the same excitement with you children, anyways, it is for me!!!!
January Journal
6 years ago
5 comments:
We always got a quarter from the tooth fairy but I have heard of people leaving a whole dollar. I think that is pretty hefty!
I vote for a silver dollar
A silver dollar...do you think she would be able to distinguish between a quarter and a silver dollar? Maybe I could give her 4 quarters. I bet she would really like that!
Kane gets $5. I used to get a dollar and CC got a quarter. So the rules are "As long as there are two weeks in between the falling of two teeth, the Tooth Fairy gives $5. If more than one falls out within a two week period, than the first one is worth $5 and the second is worth $1"
He also got $5 from 5 other people for losing his first tooth. This kid's mouth is worth gold!
That's kinda what we do. We figure that since everything for children is so much more expensive, then giving him a lil extra isn't too bad. Plus he is saving it all in his piggy bank!
Sorry so long. I am wordy. =)
I say give them a dollar. It can go pretty far at the dollar store. But we make the dollar special. We have a stash of the "gold" dollar coins. The ones with the indian chick on them. Anyway the kids think it is cool to get a piece of "gold" and then to find out it is worth a toy in the dollar store is an even sweeter gig for them. I wish I could afford 5$, but alas we can't till out of school. Kane must be rich by now. Thats cool though. I would have loved to get that much when I was little. But I got a dollar back then, and that was a lot for a little kid 36 years ago. I say do what you can afford. They just enjoy the suprise more than anything else. oh yah, and I have a cute book that explains the tooth fairy to kids and he3r job and where all the teeth go and such. Its so cute. Ill let you borrow it one of these days.
Post a Comment