Hello friends in cyberworld. I don't post much to this blog, but I just had a thought I'd like to share with everybody. I have been studying pharmacy for just over a year now. I'm learning a lot of things about the profession I never even considered before. One aspect of the practice of pharmacy is the responsibility to give the best care to each patient. As I am still in the process of acquiring my base knowledge, I see many instances where my knowledge level is lacking. For example, when patients ask questions at work, more times than not, I do not yet have the knowledge to adequately address their questions. I sometimes get discouraged, but just now I realized that instead getting depressed about it, I have a moral duty as a pharmacist to learn my profession. If I don't know something, I have the responsibility to find the answer. I will have that responsibility for as long as I stay in the profession. That's a lot of pressure, isn't it? Oh well, this is what I signed up for :) --Brandon
No comments:
Post a Comment