Saturday, January 17, 2009

Nightmare on 27th Street.

It felt like I just put Meili down for bed and she was already up crying. So without checking on her both me and Brandon yell to her to go back to bed. She comes to the door (we were both on the computer if you were wondering(: ) and whimpers "I miss Mommy" I brush it off as her wanting to delay going to sleep and I holler "go back to bed". (Note: she does this same exact thing basically every night so nothing unusual). So I really don't pay too much attention to it. We hear her go to her room and then she just starts crying for like 10 minutes. I decide that there is something more than her not wanting to go to sleep. I go in there and she says "I don't want you to die". Okay, she has my attention. She says "I had a dream that you got old and died". I was like "death? why are you worrying about me dying?" She should be having a dream of fairies or mermaids, not death. Through sobs she says" I love you, I don't want you to get old and die" I felt a deep sense of gratitude for the gospel in my life that very moment. I was able to comfort her and tell her that when I do die, and I am hoping that it is when I am old-like my 80's, we will still be able to be together because "families can be together forever through Heavenly Father's plan" and that if we are able to live righteously we are promised that blessing. And I was able to talk about the temple and we sang some songs together and it was actually quit a spiritual moment. But for me to be able to have the knowledge of this plan gave me such a great feeling and the Spirit bore witness to me what I said is true. And I felt so lucky to have the opportunity to bear my testimony to Meili. I realized too, that I not only need to be worthy for myself but my children are counting on me to be worthy of these blessings for them too. This eternal family thing takes team work. It's really true when they say that what you do just doesn't affect you but it also affects all those around you.

After that I tried to make her laugh by telling her that I wasn't ready to die and so I would try to be careful. I would try to eat healthier and be extra careful. I told her "plus, I can't die until you get your license (so we can drive everywhere and eat out and spend money and Daddy will freak out, she laughed at the thought of Daddy freaking out), graduation, marriage, children, and then we both can be fat, fat, fat (she is laughing hard now).

I know this is probably just a nightmare nothing more, but it was a great teaching moment and a humbling experience and reminder to not procrastinate!

No comments: