Wednesday, February 23, 2011

TRADITION?

I've shaved my head about every other year of mine and Brandon's marriage -I'm getting that feeling again!!!!!
I don't know what triggers the urge for me to want to shave my head? Maybe it's the drain full of hair, or the fact I hate my hair falling down on my face all the time, or the fact that when I actually do do my hair-i feel like I am doing it all day long, or maybe I just want change and shaving my head is a pretty noticable change, or maybe it's the beautiful weather, or just boredom-who knows? But the fact is that for some odd reason I feel this weird "let's shave my head" feeling about once or twice a year. I have been just cutting Noah's hair instead. I have tried to suppress it because...well, i like it when Brandon doesn't have to cringe or look the other way when he talks to me. I know it's not my best look but it is one of the best feelings. You should try it! it's nice.... It makes me feel free and not so weighed down, if that makes sense. Anyhow, I have it pulled up, pinned back and out of the way as much as possible. I guess this is how I compromise. Plus, i promised Brandon that I wouldn't.


The good ole days


6 comments:

Kathy said...

I like your shaved head look, but if you promised Brandon you wouldn't, you probably shouldn't.

Just Us said...

I hate having to control urges! Unfortunately, that is what the whole conquering the natural man (or woman!) is about. Darn!

Alicia said...

What about trying a pixie cut that is still short enough to stay out of your eyes but long enough to still look like it isn't shaved? I like it shaved too, but with a pixie cut you can just put in some gel and spike it and you're done! My sister has one right now and

Teri said...

Kathy and Alicia, thanks. You are definitely in the minority, but I am glad my shaved head look gets your approval. I would try the pixie look but I hate putting product in my hair so I don't know if that style is the one for me. I am thinking that once it gets longer I will put layers in in but still have it long enough to tuck behind my ears. I decided I better set a goal to help me not give in.
Ginny, I am an impulsive person and it's scary at times but it's something that I have admited and am trying really hard to control-baby steps.

Alicia said...

I got interrupted earlier in my comment and then didn't see that I was halfway in a sentence before I posted it. So...I was going to say that you can see a picture of my sister's look on her blog...the link is on mine. It's called Here We Go Round Again. I know she doesn't "do" it everyday with product too.

Tyson & Bridget Snedeger said...

Teri, I think you should put some thought or not so much thought into this hair thing...I get Brandon not liking it and asking you not to...but is that really fair, sorry Brandon, but really...it's hair and it grows back. And I get this urge your talking about and the feeling you get after you make the desicion to do it or how you feel if you want to but don't just to please others...c'mon ppl it's hair there are way worse impulses in life and for me I say you do what makes you happy i know theres give and take in a relationship but this should not be such an ordeal in my eyes to others that you need to sacrafice....just saying